Exercise is absolutely essential to live a healthy life. Being active has impressive health benefits, physically and mentally. There are many types of physical activities such as swimming, jogging, running, walking, dancing etc. We have got you a list of benefits that regular exercise has on you, both mentally and physically.
1. It makes you feel happier – Exercise has been known to improve your mood and reduce feelings of anxiety and stress. It produces changes in the part of the brain that regulates stress and anxiety. Moreover, exercise also increases the production of endorphins, that creates positive feelings and reduce pain perception.
2. Exercise aids weight loss – We all know that a sedentary lifestyle and inactivity is one of the primary cause for weight gain and obesity. Regular exercise increases the metabolic rate, which burns off more calories and helps you lose weight faster. Aerobic exercise and resistance training combines can maximize fat loss and maintain muscle mass.
3. Exercise is beneficial for muscles and bones – Exercise plays a significant role in maintaining and building strong bones and muscles. Physical exercise can stimulate muscle gain if complemented by proper protein intake. This is because physical activity releases hormones that promote your muscles to absorb amino acids. This ensures that they grow and do not breakdown. Most importantly, exercise also helps develop higher bone density which is extremely crucial.
4. Physical activities increase energy levels – Engaging in regular exercise can boost your energy while making you feel incredibly active and fresh. Physical exercise reduces feelings of fatigue and exhaustion. They can have a significant effect on energy levels.
5. Exercise reduces the risk of chronic diseases – Lack of a healthy lifestyle is one of the major causes of chronic diseases. Regular physical activity has shown to have a lot of positive impact on health, including people suffering from chronic diseases. It improves cardiovascular fitness, body composition, insulin sensitivity, while decreases blood fat levels and blood pressure.
6. Regular exercise helps brain health and memory – Regular physical activity has been known to improve brain function and promote memory and thinking skills. It increases your heart rate, which results in an increased flow of blood and oxygen to the brain. Interestingly, they also stimulate the production of hormones responsible for the growth of brain cells. Exercise has also been seen to cause an increase in the size of the hippocampus. Hippocampus that part of the brain which is responsible for memory and learning. Lastly, exercise also causes a reduction in the changes in the brain that cause Alzheimer’s and schizophrenia.